Hi

I have a utility module that I use regularly where I put some of my application-specific helper functions. What is the proper way to import this to make it available in my controllers and views?

I've tried the local_import in db.py but have seen references on this list that recommend against using that. This method had the reload=True option that allowed me to make changes to my utility module and not have to restart the web2py server to make the changes visible.

If I recall correctly (and I certainly could be wrong), the preferred method is to now use import. But, using this method I have to restart web2py every time I make a change so I can see the results.

Can someone please tell me how I can import a module and have it reload automatically like local_import('module', reload=True) does? Or, should I still be using local_import when I want reloading to occur?

Thanks

    -Jim