I have a form which is loaded as a component using LOAD.

The master page includes web2py_ajax.html and each component also
loads this file. However this  prevents date fields from working in
the form. When I click on a date field the calendar appears as normal,
but when I select a date I get a javascript error in Chrome of
"Uncaught range error maximum stack size exceeded" and
"Date.setFullYear" is repeated a number of times. The error in Firefox
is "too much recursion".

A workaround is to leave out web2py_ajax.html in the components. But
then I have to manually add in the bits that are needed such as
not sure what else is used by the components.