Who is doing the checking? If you want to send an email when a room is empty you need to run web2py from command prompt with cron to check if the end_date has gone.

When designing the database its maybe not a good idea to create a own tables for every buildning. Instead create a rooms table:

db.define_table('rooms'
        Field('building'),
        Field('roomname'),
        Field('owner'))

Kenneth

Hi! I'm currently building an app where I need accomplish this:

When a booking is made I specify the booking start date time and the
booking end date time. How could I check periodically when a booking
has ended (according to end date)??

For example:

db.define_table('building1_rooms'
         Field('roomname'),
         Field('owner'))

db.define_table('building1_bookings',
         Field('requester'),
         Field('startdate'),
         Field('enddate'),
         Field('validated','boolean'))

so what I need is this, a booking is created, an admin validates the
booking, room.owner takes building1_bookings.requester, and when
server date == enddate,  room.owner should be 'Free'