I'll try your suggestions. The db.commits() are necessary because DAL
is used outside of the web2py web context (using dal in script).

if targ: ... hum... yeah, you're right its a useless thing (just
removed that now, thanks :))

There is no other stack trace, but I suppose I can remove the try/
except bloc and let python spit out what it really thinks. Ok, yes,
I'll do that too.

Thanks for the input!
Mart :)