This will probably a facepalm moment but I can not figure it out.

My present used form function

    form = SQLFORM.factory(
    Field('setup', requires=IS_IN_DB(db, db.setup.setupname, '%(setupname)s')
    ))

Model

db.define_table('setup',

    Field('setupname', type='string',
          unique=True,
          label=T('Setup name')),
    Field('description', type='string',
          label=T('Description')),
    Field('frame_id', db.frame,
          label=T('Frame ID')),
    Field('course_id', db.course,
          label=T('Course ID')),
    Field('ready', type='boolean',
          default=False,
          label=T('Ready for use')),
    Field('nostorage', type='boolean',
          default=False,
          label=T('No storage needed')),
    Field('noprofiles', type='boolean',
          default=False,
          label=T('No profiles needed')),
    Field('nonim', type='boolean',
          default=False,
          label=T('No nim actions needed')),
      Field('securitylevel', type='integer',
          default=0,
          label=T('Security Level')),
    Field('created_on','datetime',default=request.now,
          label=T('Created On'),writable=False,readable=False),
    Field('modified_on','datetime',default=request.now,
          label=T('Modified On'),writable=False,readable=False,
          update=request.now),
    format='%(setupname)s',
    migrate=settings.migrate)

What I try to get is that the form only shows the setupname of the records
where setup.read==True and then returns setup.id so I can use that.

A addtional would be that the first selection is the first record and not
empty.

Thanks in advance.

With regards,
Mike Veltman