On Monday, July 18, 2011 3:18:44 PM UTC-4, sebastian wrote:

> H All,
>
> there is a component COMP_OUT which has a couple of A links with
> cid=request.cid. So that the result of A will be loaded inside the component
> itself.
>
> then there is another component COMP_IN which also has also some A links
> with cid=request.cid....
>
> so far so good...
>
> now, I would like to use the component COMP_IN inside of the component
> COMP_OUT.... at this point there are cid conflicts and responses of the
> links (A) of the COMP_OUT are rendered in the wrong places (removing COMP_IN
> the links work again)

Where are the COMP_OUT links rendering? They should be replacing the entire
contents of COMP_OUT. Are you saying instead they are only replacing the
contents of COMP_IN, or is the content going somewhere else?

Are both of the components set to ajax=True?

> Is it a A(cid=request.cid) limitation or it is a bug ?
>
> (actually in the code I'm using
> cid=request.env.http_web2py_component_elemen)

Is this just a typo in your posting -- it should end with "element" (not
"elemen")?

Maybe try specifying specific targets for each component, and reference
those target names in your A() links to see if that works. For example:

LOAD(..., target='outer')
A(..., cid='outer')

and

LOAD(..., target='inner')