Hi *:

I'm trying to implement an essential version of a plugin_openlayers starting from the job made by Massimo with plugin_gmap but I don't understand how the db set is passed from a controller to the plugin_* controller, well even if it seams clear setting the data set in a storage defined in a model seams not to work and I obtains:

File "/home/manuele/Dropbox/sviluppo/web2py-1.96.4/applications/wind2pow2/controllers/plugin_openlayers.py", line 8, in index
    rows = plugin_openlayers.set.select()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'select'

so it seams that when I fix the new value in the plugin_openlayers storage in my controller function it does not change the value in the storage defined in model.

I hope to be clear
can you help me please?

I leave you here under some example code...

models/plugin_openlayers.py

from gluon.storage import Storage
plugin_openlayers=Storage()

controllers/plugin_openlayers.py

def index():
    width = request.vars.width or 400
    height = request.vars.height or 300

    rows = plugin_openlayers.set.select()

    return dict(width=width, height=height, rows=rows)

controllers/default.py

def index():
    site_id = request.vars.item_id
    plugin_openlayers.set = db(db.site.id==site_id)
    return dict()

thank you very much

        Manuele