Hi Anthony,

thanks for clarifying that. I guess my question is then:

why does it work in the default application without having to do "from
gluon.tools import prettydate" in the page.html view?

Or more explicitly, what could cause the "prettydate" function to be
in the namespace in the page.html view in the fresh default app and
not in my app?

thanks
Vincent