On Jul 27, 11:45 pm, Johann Spies <johann.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27 July 2011 14:08, flebber <flebber.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I installed web2py into a virtualenv in my ubuntu install. When
> > reading the book it states to start web2py with "python web2py.py -S
> > welcome" however I don't appear to have web2py in my directory.
>
> Are you referring to web2py or web2py.py in that directory?
>

> > directory being  /home/sayth/.virtualenvs/learnWeb2py/bin
>
> > the most likely candidate is runweb2py Is that what I should be using?
>
> python web2py.py -S welcome
>
> should work if you run it in the directory where web2py was installed.
> There should be a file named web2py.py.
>
> Regards
> Johann
>
> --
>  May grace and peace be yours in abundance through the full knowledge of God
> and of Jesus our Lord!  His divine power has given us everything we need for
> life and godliness through the full knowledge of the one who called us by
> his own glory and excellence.
>                                                     2 Pet. 1:2b,3a

I can see from the install from pip that web2py.py isn't installed.

(learn272)sayth@sayth-TravelMate-5740G:~$ pip install web2py
Downloading/unpacking web2py
  Downloading web2py-1.96.4.tar.gz (4.7Mb): 4.7Mb downloaded
  Running setup.py egg_info for package web2py

Installing collected packages: web2py
  Running setup.py install for web2py
    changing mode of build/scripts-2.7/mkweb2pyenv from 644 to 755
    changing mode of build/scripts-2.7/runweb2py from 644 to 755

    changing mode of /home/sayth/.virtualenvs/learn272/bin/mkweb2pyenv
to 755
    changing mode of /home/sayth/.virtualenvs/learn272/bin/runweb2py
to 755
Successfully installed web2py
Cleaning up...
(learn272)sayth@sayth-TravelMate-5740G:~$