I'm new to web2py but find it a vast improvement over the PHP-based
web framework I was using before, and so I'm already using web2py to
develop my next web app.  At the same time, I find myself in a
situation where I'm needing to use several different computers to do
my work.  See I need to find a way to keep up-to-date copies of my app
on each computer (web-based admin is great for web2py but I would
prefer to use an IDE).  I've never used a DVCS before, but it's clear
that Mercurial would be a good solution to my multi-computer problem.
I'm also considering releasing the code as open source once I'm
finished, so already having it on Mercurial would be an added
benefit.  I'm starting to play around with Mercurial and understand
the basics, but I have a couple of questions about using Mercurial
with web2py.

1)  I've set up a system where I have a repository set up on each of
my work computers, and one set up on Bitbucket to push to as the
central repository.  I intend to set a Mercurial repo up on my web
server to pull from the bitbucket but I ran into several issues with
www-data user and permissions while setting mercurial up on a server
similar to what will eventually be my production server.  Would using
the built-in experimental mercurial feature of web2py offer a way
around this problem?  Or should I avoid setting up mercurial on a
production server altogether?

2)  I intend to use PostgreSQL for my app.  Does that mean I will need
to set up Postgres for each of my repos or can I just use SQLite with
those?  I assume this would involve appropriate use of .hgignore.  Can
anyone point me to a good tutorial on using Mercurial (or even Git or
Bazaar) with database-driven websites?

Just to be clear, I only want to use Mercurial for my own web app at
the present time.  I hope to contribute to web2py development in the
future, once I have a better understanding of the framework and have
fully transitioned from PHP to Python (which is happening much quicker
than I expected).

I know this is more of a Mercurial question than it is a web2py one,
but given the project's use of Mercurial and its experimental
integrated Mercurial feature, I thought it would not be entirely
inappropriate to ask my question here.

Thank you in advance.

Eric