The same way I do deletion with this function you can add stuff or replace
stuff base on a if case on your differents text states... Not the best
approach I think, but you can...

def __del_sqltable_column(sqltable, column_name):
    """
    For deleting a given column in an instance of web2py SQLTABLE class.
    Pass the SQLTABLE object and the column name to delete.
    Ex.: table1 = SQLTABLE(rows) contains id column and we want to delete
it.
    So we call __del_sqltable_column(tabel1, 'table.id') or
    __del_sqltable_column(request.args(0), db[request.args(0)].id)
    When the column name is changed with represent the representation should
be
    passed as column name.
    """
    import re
    regex_colum_name = re.compile(str(TH(column_name)))
    for i in range(0, len(sqltable[0][0])):
        if regex_colum_name.match(str(sqltable[0][0][i])):
            for r in range(0, len(sqltable[1])):
                del(sqltable[1][r][i])
            del(sqltable[0][0][i])
            return sqltable