On Aug 23, 2:03 am, Rufus <rufusvsm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What have you tried?

I have tried to load that gif file but it hasn't worked out yet...

> Have you ever gotten *any* graphic image onto a web page with web2py?
> I'd start with a known image at a known location.

Yes, I have gotten PNG images what were generated during the loading
of the web page: http://pastebin.com/jEJssqxf

> and for debugging purposes, I'd add to your default/index.html a line
> that said
> <h2>Image from url: {{=image}} </h2>
> Just to make sure I passed the right URL to the view.
> That would be a start.

Thanks. I need some time for testing, because my server seems to have
some issues...

> One thing I see, but I may be wrong.  If your file is a gif file,
> shouldn't the controller line>
> image=URL(r=request,f='cavityflow_plot')
> be
> >         image=URL(r=request,f='cavityflow_plot.gif')

I don't think so. That cavity_plot is a function inside default.py and
it works for this program: http://pastebin.com/jEJssqxf

What I want is loading a GIF image from the server's hard disk drive.
What I have done before is feeding "live" (not from disk) PNG stream
to the web page: http://pastebin.com/jEJssqxf