I am using this this version...

    changeset:   2295:7c7f7d5ac882
    date:        Wed Aug 24 16:25:41 2011 -0500

I am able to reproduce the problem by creating a simple, default app and
replacing the DAL line with...

    from gluon.custom_import import track_changes
    track_changes()
    from connect_string import account
    db = DAL('oracle://' + account, check_reserved=['oracle'])

(where the 'account' variable has my login, password, and tns name).  From
the app admin page, visit the database administration page, and select (for
example) db.auth_user.  The flash response gives the "Invalid Query" error
message.  The auth tables all get created and other database queries (from
within the app) seem to work...

SQL> select * from cat;

TABLE_NAME       TABLE_TYPE
------------------------------ -----------