Hello,

I recently decided to use web2py to develop a website and I have
Apache server with mod_wsgi on RedHat CENTOS.
What I want is to be able to develop a website using web2py and then
allow others to edit this website through web2py. For that it means
that I should be able to have access to the admin interface through
HTTP. However, I tried to see if I can access the Welcome default
application and I can, however I cannot access the administration
interface from here.

I tried looking at the options to access this admin interface however,
I need HTTPS or SSH or just comment some lines in /applications/admin/
models/access.py

I have spend quite a lot of time in trying to do this and it is
getting quite frustrating, but nothing that I tried works. I need to
get my website done and I will try other frameworks I can't get to
this admin interface soon.

So I tried:

1)
I tried looking in the HTTPS, but this server already had installed
Apache and mod_wsgi and mod_ssl on it. I tried tweaking it by editing /
etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf  and after the

""
##
## SSL Virtual Host Context
##

<VirtualHost _default_:443>
""

I added this:
"""
346  WSGIScriptAlias / /PATHTOWEB2PY/web2py/wsgihandler.py    ///// -

347
348   <Directory /opt/web-apps/web2py>
349     AllowOverride None
350     Order Allow,Deny
351     Deny from all
352     <Files wsgihandler.py>
353       Allow from all
354     </Files>
355   </Directory>
356
357   AliasMatch ^/([^/]+)/static/(.*) /opt/web-apps/web2py/
applications/\$1/static/\$2
358
359   <Directory /opt/web-apps/web2py/applications/*/static>
360     Options -Indexes
361     ExpiresActive On
362     ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 hour"
363     Order Allow,Deny
364     Allow from all
365   </Directory>
"""

This now when I try accessing the welcome app and the admin interface
in it, it still does not work giving me the
"admin disabled because unable to access password file"

I am not sure whether I should try setting up a virtual host for *443?

2)
Secondly, since I am not worried about the security here for web2py
and I wanted to disable the check for secure connection according to
this post:
http://www.web2pyslices.com/slices/take_slice/76

I edited
web2py/applications/admin/models/access.py
web2py/applications/admin/controllers/appadmin.py
and even the
applications/welcome/controllers/appadmin.py
that should allow admin access through the default Welcome
Application.

And this still did not work and I do not have access to the admin
interface. Do I have to do anything in addition to editing those files
and commenting these lines in those files (see below)?

#if request.env.web2py_runtime_gae:
#    session_db = DAL('gae')
#    session.connect(request, response, db=session_db)
#    hosts = (http_host, )

#if request.env.http_x_forwarded_for or request.is_https:
#    session.secure()
#elif not request.is_local and not DEMO_MODE:
#    raise HTTP(200, T('Admin is disabled because insecure channel'))

 Any hints on how to access this admin interface on either of the two
methods that I tried???

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thank you so much.