On Aug 28, 2011, at 11:23 AM, Saurabh Sawant wrote:

> They seem fine. Although, having ready to use validators would save
> some time for those learning the framework. I personally expected
> those validators to be already there while I was learning.

Trouble is, there's an endless list of pattern expressions that can be useful.
IS_MATCH is pretty powerful, and should be in your bag of tricks (in fact,
IS_ALPHANUMERIC just calls IS_MATCH).

At the very least, consider that you might want a language-dependent
IS_LETTERS, or at least one that accepts the common alphabetic variants.

However, if you do that, do it this way:

IS_MATCH('[0-9]+', strict=True)
IS_MATCH('[a-zA-Z]+', strict=True)

strict=True forces a $ at the end of the regex. Or you can just include the $.
(IS_MATCH is already anchored at the beginning of the string.)