Hi everyone,
Since it's my first post, I'd like to first say great framework to the
whole team. I'm really enjoying using it.

I think I've found a small bug in the handling of list fields in an
invalid form.
I have a list:string field and another required field.

When there is only 1 input field and value for the list field and the
submitted form is invalid (the other field is invalid), the returned
error form splits my 1 value up into individual characters since it
assumes the request.var is an array.

I've traced it down to sqlhtml in this section around row 1090:

if hasattr(field, 'widget') and field.widget and fieldname in
request_vars:
    if fieldname in self.vars:
        value = self.vars[fieldname]
widget = field.widget(field, value)

Then ListWidget exects to be getting an array as the value.

So might need a check on the value type if using self.vars, like:
if field.type.startswith('list:') and isinstance(value, str):
    value = [value]

Thanks
Ryan