You must be using Python 2.5. I think tomt was the first to report this
problem. The problem is coming from this code:

        self.settings.table_upload = self.db.define_table(upload_name,
            Field('title', length=255),
            Field('filename', length=255),
            Field('length', 'integer'),
            Field('mime_type', length=128),
            Field('upload', 'upload'),
            *self.settings.extra_fields.get(upload_name, []),
            migrate = migrate,
            fake_migrate = fake_migrate,
            format = '%(title)s'
        )

Python 2.5 doesn't support the syntax used for the
*self.settings.extra_fields.... line. Does anyone know how to make that line
work with Python 2.5? I didn't know there was a language compatibility
problem until Massimo said something.