Ah, I see, thanks.

This allows remote machines to hit the server, but the request
receives a 200.

Let's say this machine is on a secure network.

If I wanted to hack web2py so that remote machines on the network
could access the application, could I simply uncomment line 17 from
applications/models/access.py ?

    #raise HTTP(200, T('Admin is disabled because insecure channel'))