I'm running web2py locally with Windows 7 and live on a Linux Ubuntu
server and I haven't been able to get my cron job to run in either.

My crontab looks like this:

*/1 * * * * root *autoemail/send_autoemails

and my function works fine when called manually.  It also ends with
db.commit().

Other than that I don't know what else to do get it working although I
really didn't understand all of the web2py book section on Cron,
specifically when it came to soft/hard/external cron and all of that.

I saw a web2py thread that perhaps cron was going to be replaced?
Perhaps that has something to do with this?

Any ideas about how I can troubleshoot this are greatly appreciated.