Then, the problem might due to jQuery or CSS you used.
Did you see any error in JavaScript console of the browser?
If so, you might have to upgrade jQuery (at least >=1.6).
If not, would you please show me your CSS?
In addition, I want to know whether the problem is specific only for
your application, or occurs for both my demo site and your
application?

Kenji