I should probably elaborate a bit.

Basically the thing is that I want to host several web2py applications in a
single server in different domains. Each domain would usually have just one
default application, although it is possible that several applications per
domain might be needed at some point.
    The tricky thing is, each domain belongs to a different entity with
different admins/developers. So the domains have to be separated completely.

Now of course I could do this by simply maintaining a separate copy of webpy
for each domain, but that would turn maintenance into a major pain.
    So ideally the basic code of the web2py framework as well as possibly the
code of the admin application would be shared among the domains, but
everything else would be domain-specific.

Is there a reasonable way to do this e.g. with symlinks or through apache or
web2py configuration directives?