@juanduke,
Thanks, your idea worked.

Just one more thing.

pl. notice the form's "action=".

[CODE]
<form enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post" id="frmDeptEdt"
name="frmDeptEdt"
action="{{=URL(('dept_save'), args=[arg1, arg2, 'I want to embed here
fields from Form'])}}">
Department <input type='text' id='deptname' name='deptname'
value="{{=department['deptnm']}}" />
<input type='submit' value='save' onsubmit="" />
</form>
[/CODE]
'dept_save' controller saves data to DB and redirects the user to main
page.

Since this is a custom-designed Form (i.e. not rendered by web2py
helpers), I can't use something like "form.vars.fieldname"
1) How do I access the contents of html elements for sending data to
server?
2) After submitting the form, it is URLencoded format. How do I decode
the arguments

Thanks,
Vineet