I followed the web2py 3.1 Ed. book chapter for installation on Windows
(VISTA Enterprise in my case).
web2py and Apache 2.2 now work independently.
web2py still just working in its own Rocket server.
I made all the changes to C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation
\Apache2.2\conf\httpd.conf
and it works.  I create the Self-Signed Certificate and so on as well.
Apache seems to not work on Port 80, maybe due to IIS 7 presence
though I stopped the IIS7 Service.

So in httpd.conf  I decided to specify

Listen 138.85.50.99:8080
Listen 138.85.50.99:443
ServerName 138.85.50.99:8080

http://127.0.0.1:8080/welcome/default/index  (web2py Rocket)

http://138.85.50.99:8080/index.html  works (Apache)

Q: How to get the web2py Welcome app to run under Apache?????
    What URL should be used to run web2py Welcome under Apache???

Is there a .py I have change to point to Apache instead of Rocket?

How to I keep web2py running? Does it have to be a Windows Service? or
will Apache somehow
invoke python web2py.py as needed?

ONE Gotcha under VISTA and Windows 7: Not good to install in C:
\Program Files because security restrictions
prevent the installer from saving changes to any config files it tries
to update as part of installation.
Needs to go into something like C:\Apache22 for example.
Else open up Security Settings for C:\Program Files.