Please help me with your suggestions.

I'm playing with Redis pub/sub via redis-py as a possible method to
reload a component in a page instead of polling.

In its simplest form the idea is:

1)  create pubsub object
2)  subscribe it to one or more channels (just one in this case)
3)  create listen object to listen to subscribed channels
4)  listen object calls .next() <--- stuck here
5)  new message published to channel triggers component reload

Everything works great on at a python CLI however I cannot seem to
figure out one crucial detail.

When I start the listener object to check for new messages it is a
blocking call so it prevents the page from completely loading while
waiting for a new message on the channel it is subscribed to.

I tried putting listener.next() at the end of my view but it prevents
my page from working properly as it just blocks waiting for a new
message.  A new message allows the page to complete loading but that
defeats the purpose.

How can I completely load my page and then start listening to Redis'
pubsub for new messages?

Your thoughts are most appreciated.

-David