I have a problem getting web2py working in Ubuntu Linux (Lucid Lynx).
Let me explain the situation...

I am experimenting with a VirtualBox VM of Ubuntu. I follow the
instructions in the Official web2py Book (sections: Apache setup and
mod_wsgi). The VM has an address of 192.168.1.102.

As per instruction, I created the /etc/apache2/sites-available/web2py
Apache configuration file. Now, the book says, "When you restart
Apache, it should pass all the requests to web2py without going
through the Rocket wsgiserver."

I also followed the instructions in the section, Start as Linux
Daemon. (I couldn't figure out how to start web2py as a background
process, so my console was locked up when I type 'python web2py.py'.)

Okay, so I've restarted Apache2. Presumably, if I enter:

192.168.1.102/welcome/default/index

into the browser, it should take me to the Welcome app? Or am I being
obtuse?

I also tried:

192.168.1.102:8000/welcome/default/index

but still cannot connect.

What puzzles me is that httpd.conf in the original Apache2
installation remains unchanged (it's empty). How does Apache know to
use the configuration file in sites-available?

Perhaps someone can clarify this for me, please.

Thanks,
Richard