Under Windows, I have no problem sending emails from my web2py app. I
import gluon.tools.Mail and perform a send to the server
'smtp.broadband.rogers.com:25'. Easy peasy.

However, under Linux, it just doesn't work. The Mail send operation
always fails. If the error is being logged, I don't know where the log
file is.

It seems to me that, under Linux, web2py installs Postfix. I presume
it's used for sending emails. When I ran setup-web2py-ubuntu.sh, I was
asked for a server name. I entered 'smtp.broadband.rogers.com'. I
don't know if this was a mistake.

Can anybody shed any light on this?

Thanks,
Richard