On Oct 6, 7:57 am, Sergio <guillaume.se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have successfully run web2py with jython, now I'd like to run it
> from Tomcat using modj.

That is awesome! What version of web2py and Jython have you got
working? Could you share your patches?

> I ran into two problems so far:
>  - web2py is looking for its version file in tomcat/bin. Why the hell?

I noticed that the import monkey patching wasn't working well/at-all
with Jython 2.5.2, my guess is this is another manifestation. See the
issue tracker for more information.

>  - my servlet "gets in the way". Let's say its address
> ishttp://host:8080/myservlet/
> When called without an app name, web2py will try to run the "welcome"
> app, and redirects me tohttp://host:8080/welcome/default/indexwhen
> it should redirect me tohttp://host:8080/myservlet/welcome/default/index
> instead. I have tried to play with routes_out to add the servlet's
> name to the path but I couldn't get it to work. Any ideas?

Are you using snakefight to generate config files for modjy or
creating by hand?

Chris