Massimo,

Thanks for your reply. This may not be the appropriate forum to ask
this. As far as performance is concerned will Google Cloud SQL handle
blobs as well as Big Table does running on Google's infrastructure? I
suspect the answer will be that the differences are so negligible that
it won't matter. On large applications I suspect it may be useful to
use both Big Table and Google Cloud SQL at the same time. Have you
given this any thought on when it is better to use Big Table versus
Google Cloud SQL or even both? I get the impression that Google only
implemented Cloud SQL in order to remain competitive with other PaaS
offerings.

Thanks,
Kurt