On 12 October 2011 15:31, Massimo Di Pierro <massimo.dipie...@gmail.com>wrote:

> How long is the list of sids? Slite? This is not a web2py error but
> most likely a driver error. Try commit after every every update.

Thanks for your reply Massimo.

The list is normally not long - between 1 and 5 most of the times although
in some cases it can be up to 100.

But I think I have discovered what caused the error.

The some tables involved have unique constraints for a combination of two
fields.

I have tried to navigate this with try... except but now it seems that DAL
or psycopg give up when the database complains about an effort to insert a
duplicate entry.

Now I use a workaround (which take up a lot more resources) to first check
in the database for that combination before trying to insert it.

Regards
Johann
--
 May grace and peace be yours in abundance through the full knowledge of God
and of Jesus our Lord!  His divine power has given us everything we need for