On Thu, 2011-10-13 at 08:35 -0700, peter wrote:
> WinHTTrack is able to create an offline copy of the book on your
> computer. The links work, but the search facility does not. I found
> this useful when I was away from internet access for a while.
>
> Peter

Of course there are many tools to do that, but:
- Often there are some drawbacks, such as resources not being properly
linked / difficulty of converting "virtual" paths into actual folders +
files (http://www.web2py.com/book is the final path, not a directory
containing an index.html; Same thing e.g. for
http://www.web2py.com/book/default/chapter/01, so the tool should be
able to create fake index.html files for each directory, or so)
- It would be useful to have the source to, e.g., easily generate
printable versions or custom PDFs
- I wanted to do that the clean and polite way, avoiding to brutally
recursively grab pages from the online book..

--
Samuele ~redShadow~ Santi
     redshadow[at]hackzine.org - redshadowhack[at]gmail.com

  Blog: http://hackzine.org

  GPG Key signature:
       050D 3E9F 6E0B 44CE C008 D1FC 166C 3C7E EB26 4933
/me recommends:
    Squadra Informatica - http://www.squadrainformatica.com
 - Proud ThinkPad T-Series owner
 - Registered Linux-User: #440008
      * GENTOO User since 1199142000 (2008-01-01)
      * former DEBIAN SID user
      "Software is like sex: it's better when it's free!"
                              -- Linus Torvalds