I have a SQLFORM.factory that is respecting IS_NOT_EMPTY() for a field
with type='string' but not respecting it for a diffirent field of
type='list:string'.

If the list:string type field is left empty the form validates.

Confirmed with firebug.

Tested with form.accepts, form.process(...).accepted, and
form.validate.

I tried removing all other conditions in the list:string field's
requirements as well as setting it manually after the form is created
with:

form.element('#no_table_yayweb2py')['requires']=IS_NOT_EMPTY()

The form uses an onvalidation= and again, it works for the plain
string but not a field of list:string

The form is validated no matter what I do.

Your thoughts are most appreciated.

David