Actually, by default, Auth requires a password of at least 4 characters,
which is enforced by the CRYPT validator. If you enter 1-3 characters,
you'll get an error. However, it you leave it blank, it appears that CRYPT
will automatically insert a uuid as the password (I'm not sure why). If you
want to allow empty passwords (probably not), you can do:

auth.settings.password_min_length = 0

If you want to enforce a minimum length but ensure an empty password isn't
submitted, you can probably do:

auth.settings.table_user[auth.settings.password_field].requires.insert(0,
IS_NOT_EMPTY())

or

auth.settings.table_user[auth.settings.password_field].requires.insert(0,
IS_STRONG(...))

That will insert a validator before the CRYPT validator to make the sure the
password isn't empty or satisfies some minimal requirements.

Anthony