Hi,

I've recently started to use web2py, pretty new to it and python also,
and I'd like to change the identity field that are automatically
created to be decimal(13,0) instead of integer.

Basically I would not like to deal with identity columns overflowing
when it reaches 10**9.  I mean, I'm only doing about a million rows
every day, but it could be more, and i'm just worried about future
migration to other systems.

I'm currently trying to hack dal.py but it's all over the place.

Is there anyway to get around this or make this id field a bit more
flexible?  It would be nice if it was implemented as a Field.identity,
and people can always name it whatever they wanted, and specify the
size smallint, int, decimal(X,0) that they feel like doing.

Thanks a lot!

Tom