if you want a solid and updated solution use SQLFORM.grid or
SQLFORM.smartgrid

if you need more flexibility on client side, templates and a grid based in
ajax with JSON use PowerGrid.

I am not updating PowerTable, it needs to be completelly rewriten.

if someone wants to addopt it the code is in my bitbucket.

http://zerp.ly/rochacbruno