On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 14:48:52 -0700 (PDT)
peter <peterchutchin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have just written an ecommerce site in web2py. ukjazz.net.

[...]

> So I think that web2py is well suited to ecommerce.

Do you plan to open-source your project?

I'd like that we have some standard components in the web2py arena...e.g.
Massimo said that IP is 'defacto standard' for cms/blog. Considering that it
would be nice to have extra modules which could be plugged in IP to handle
ecommerce etc.

Finally, the name of IP resembles WP, so why not having such a ecosystem
developed around it?

> The biggest problem is that the most useful things are not yet
> documented at all. However I would much rather use them undocumented
> than have to wait until they are fully tested and documented.

In my case, I'm not full time developer and by using PHP CMS-es like WP, one
can build a site using available components (plugins & themes) which can be
tweaked further or by adding extra functionality (writing plugin), so having
some established components would have to quickly build sites not having to
start from the scratch.

I believe that Massimo's endeavour to iron out the 'appliances' is going in
this direction.

Of course, I understand that Web2py is not CMS/blogging platform, but
framework, but having stable CMS/blog/ecommerce would bring many new people to
web2py...

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Those who are on this path are resolute in purpose,
and their aim is one. O beloved child of the Kurus,