On Oct 30, 7:23 pm, Web2Py Freak <halna...@gardeniatelco.com> wrote:
> Dear All ,
>
>  I am using WebFaction for hosting , i install the web2py app in a
> custom script , now do i have to install an app for every website or
> use just one app , and if using one app how can i point the domain to
> it ??
>
> Best Regards ,
> Hassan Alnator

Hi Hassan,

You use so many webfaction slang in your post. Fortunately I use
webfaction too so I can understand.

Yes I think you can install the entire web2py package as a "webfaction
app" for your each "webfaction website". But that way each "webfaction
app" contains at least one dedicate process. Your webfaction account
may exceed memory quota quickly.

I install only one web2py package as a one-for-all "webfaction app".
Then bind my several domains to this unique "webfaction app" via
webfaction control panel, so requests to all my domain go to that same
web2py process. Later, setup some url rewrite rules so requests for
different domain go to different "web2py app". This solution is good
for many light traffic sites.

Hope I describe it clearly.

Regards,
Ray