I went back to web2py book and found section on using json directly.
I guess jsonrpc is more for web service, for internal front/back end
communication,
it is simply better to use json directly.

Strongly agree with you on Qooxdoo, The look-and-feel of Qooxdoo very
professional, I have not found others close to it. I tried pyjamas and
todoapp, it may be good for prototype, but does not like its UI and
very limited in widgets.