On Tuesday, November 1, 2011 7:15:32 PM UTC-4, Archibald Linx wrote:

> @auth.requires_login()
> def write_message():
>     form = SQLFORM(db.message)
>     if form.process().accepted:
>         response.flash = 'Got it'
>     return dict(form=form)
>
> then although the "title" field is filled, the "tosomeone" field is
> not. The "tosomeone" field remains empty. So the problem came from
> "form.process().accepted", without me noticing it at first.
>
> By keeping "if form.accepts(request.vars, session):", I solved my
> problem.

if form.process().accepted and if form.accepts(request.vars, session) are
supposed to be identical. Can you better explain how the behavior differs.
You say the "tosomeone" field "remains empty" -- what does that mean? It's
a create form, so it should start out empty, no? Are you saying you can't
fill it in? Or it doesn't show the multi-select widget?

Anthony