On Tuesday, November 8, 2011 7:08:08 AM UTC-5, rochacbruno wrote:

> Yes it works well.
>
> You can also use *cas* to share authentication between applications.
>
> But the approach using same db for both applications is better, but note
> that both applications should have the same *hmac_key* for auth instance.

Also, make sure all applications but one turn off migrations for the Auth
tables. If the db connection is exclusively for accessing the Auth tables,
you can disable migrations for the whole connection via:

authdb = DAL('mysql database', migrate_enabled=False)

Alternatively, you can disable migrations for the individual Auth tables
(but not other tables accessed by the connection via:

auth.define_tables(migrate=False)

I could be wrong, but I think simply sharing the db for Auth tables would
still require separate logins for each app, whereas I think using CAS, a
single login would keep you logged into both apps at once.

Anthony