Hello I am trying to randomly select from entries in my database then store
that random result. The problem is its storing the wrong result (I think
its storing the previous random selection)

Any ideas how I can achieve my goal?

@auth.requires_login()
def xreflection():
    game_id = request.args(0)
    reflection_id = request.args(1)
    if reflection_id == None:
        return dict(redirect(URL('error','invalid')))
    if (game_id == None):
        return dict(redirect(URL('error','invalid')))
    gameDB = db(db.xgame.id == int(game_id)).select() or
redirect(URL('error','invalid'))
    cardDB = db(db.xcard.type ==
int(reflection_id)).select(orderby='<random>',limitby=(0,1)) or
redirect(URL('error','invalid'))
    for xcard in cardDB:
        for xgame in gameDB:

            form = SQLFORM(db.xreflection)
            db.xreflection.game.default = xgame.id
            #weird stuff happens here!
            db.xreflection.card.default = xcard.id

            db.xreflection.reflection_type.default = reflection_id
            if form.accepts(request.vars, session):
                db.notification.insert(receptient = xgame.userinfo, title =
form.vars.title, description = 'has responded to',type =
reflection_id,xgame=xgame.id)
                session.flash = 'You have successfully reflected.'
                return dict(redirect(URL('view','xgame',args=xgame.id)))
            elif form.errors:
                response.flash = 'Please correct the highlighted fields'
                return dict(form=form,  xgame=xgame,xcard=xcard)
            else:
                return dict(form=form, xgame=xgame,xcard=xcard)