There may be an update on this that i missed, but can I ask if this
fix is sufficient?

I believe that the ret parameter is the effected row count, correct?

If you just deleted the record, can you reliably retrieve it from the
table and record id in ondelete, i.e. before a subsequent commit?  My
*small* test say it doesn't work.

Is there a way to get the record itself instead?  Or am i missing this
somewhere?

Thanks