+dlypka
*
I am developing web services for already 7 years (SOAP, REST, XML, etc.)
using .NET. At this time back in the beginning yes it was the most solid
technology to get things working quickly. Now - there are much better
technologies.

So what you are telling is true - I can confirm that.

Currently I am heavy invested in GAE - a year of development of a highly
scalable
app serving a thousand of users. But it was linked to Google accounts and I
realized
while it saved my time about auth, users don't like signing up via third
party auth like
Google. So after a long research I decided to use web2py. I generated my
auth
also using jQuery Mobile for 30 minutes as a proof of concept. While web2py
is
completely different from GAE(AppEngine) + Django, actually it was much
easier
to accomplish this. So I am sold on web2py 100%.

By the way, dlypka I saw a a post of you going while back 3 years ago:
DALnr Proof of Concept is available for download
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!searchin/web2py/hybrid$20GAE$20SQL$20model.$20/web2py/lp9ANObQGmM/V2FhSGjbWEoJ

I appreciate a lot your posting of a code and work on a hybrid GAE+web2py.
What it needs your code to work on latest version of web2py? Do you have
one?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
--Constantine