Well yes!

Thinking of a sortable list plugin, it should be in jquery for desktop
and automatically switch to jquery mobile if os is_mobile. A sortable
list works very diffrently whith mouse and gestures.

We should have a comprehensive set of pugins covering a wide range of
cases, and each one should be mobile friendly.

The welcome apps is mobilized very well right now, it could be used
for basic apps. But what the case if you want more?
I'm thinking of chart, sortable lists, and generally all the gesture
enabled widget that can be used on a phone.

Jquery mobile seems to not offer a comprehensive mobile widget
catalog, but these
http://jquerymobile.com/demos/1.0/docs/lists/lists-forms-inset.html
lonely makes the ui very attractive and functional on mobile os.

I'm glad to help writing code for this!

Angelo