Hi, I am trying to use PostgreSQL DAL interface with my project, but
i'm having trouble with table references and insert/update/delete
commands.

The system info:
OS: GNU/Linux, web2py 1.99.2, PostgreSQL 8.4

I have tried the workaround posted by pbreit for a very similar
problem:
http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/b9eb96cbb5dbbc3f/7590e311d57260d9

The tables are created first without references and after that the
rest of the fields are added, so define_tables is called twice for
each table. As of this point all tables are created without errors.
Then I try to upload legacy records from a customized csv file. When
running the insert commands web2py raises this exception: (insert
commands include the id field number as argument)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/alan/gestionlibre_gui-hg/controllers/appadmin.py", line
172, in create
    config.session.record_id =
config.session.db_table.insert(**config.session.form.vars)
  File "/home/alan/web2py/gluon/dal.py", line 4976, in insert
    return self._db._adapter.insert(self,self._listify(fields))
  File "/home/alan/web2py/gluon/dal.py", line 890, in insert
    id = self.lastrowid(table)
  File "/home/alan/web2py/gluon/dal.py", line 1830, in lastrowid
    self.execute("select currval('%s')" % table._sequence_name)
  File "/home/alan/web2py/gluon/dal.py", line 1309, in execute
    return self.log_execute(*a, **b)
  File "/home/alan/web2py/gluon/dal.py", line 1304, in log_execute
    ret = self.cursor.execute(*a,**b)
psycopg2.ProgrammingError: relation "debugging_id_seq" does not exist
LÍNEA 1: select currval('debugging_id_Seq')
                        ^

Where debugging is a table defined in the model and debugging_id is
the id field

Maybe there is some conflict with auto generated web2py sql and the db
engine

I think that this has something to do with this thread on PostgeSQL
and quotes:
http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/e894189f9b532b75/5d248791cd55c4d1

Thank you