I am not sure of the benefits of changing the brand image identity
with much frequence. I think that part of the sucess of a framework
like django (meaning that it is so popular) is that "graphically" it
has a real fine work and It has preserved a very strong image identity
(color, tipography).
The brand design of web2py should be enhanced but keeping a brand
style. There is a lot of experts in visual design who could help if
there were some cooperation mechanism suitable for this project (is
there?). Think of schools of design for example (Buenos Aires is
overstocked with designers).