And now the weirdest thing:

Enabling two CPUs on the virtual machine gave me the following weird
results:

nginx: 31.92 [#/sec]
apache: 10.63 [#/sec]
rocket: 10.36 [#/sec]

So 1000 request with a concurrency of 20 on 2 CPUs actually slows down
apache and rocket. I thought that apache and rocket hit the memory limit so
I raised the memory to 1024 but the results remained the same.

Is this even possible? I can understand that the performance could stay the
same with 2CPUs (the servers are not using the second one) but to actually
drop the performance is not very intuitive.

I guess the default configuration of apache and rocket should be improved
since most of the servers have more than 1 CPU. Or maybe I just my
environment.