On Tuesday, December 13, 2011 10:50:15 AM UTC-5, greenguerilla wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have also been trying to migrate existing user accounts from phpbb
> to a web2py system.
> The below solution works well for registering new users, however in
> order to successfully validate these passwords during the login
> process
> I made some changes to the framework itself:
>
> I have added into gluon/tools.py at line 1753 (latest stable version
> of web2py) at the end of the 'user is
> in db' clause of the login method of the Auth class.
>
> if self.phpbb_checkpw(temp_user[passfield], request.vars[passfield]):
>     user = temp_user
>
> This phpbb_checkpw function returns True or False depending on whether
> or not the plaintext passwords (from form) matches the stored hash.
> This is an awkward way to do things and I am wondering if there are
> any hooks I can avail of in order to validate a user entered plaintext
> password against the stored hash and thus keep my custom code outside
> of the framework?

As suggested earlier, can you just create a custom validator for the
password field that hashes it, so it will match the stored hash?

Another option is using auth.settings.login_onvalidation, which is a
function that takes the login form (and can manipulate the form vars) right
after validation (but before the rest of the login logic).

Anthony