I have bought a certificate from GKG.net sine I have tried some of the
other suggested solutions and asked lots of questions and the process
was very convoluted. Eventually got stuck because web2py.com does not
run an email server and I could not verify ownership. Since I bought
the domain from GKG.net, they did not ask any question. They just
emailed me the certificate and costed only $19 for  one year.

pdfbuy should work fine with ssl now. Thanks for your advice.

Massimo