I don't know what you're trying to do, but maybe you should read this
http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/6#Self-Reference-and-aliases

If you have products A, B and C; and, B and C relate to A; then that's
what you need to read.

> Any way to prevent this?
Yes.  Don't refer to the product table twice in your related product
table.