Hi all,

I'm currently writing a plugin for part of a bigger project that can take
some time doing processing server side and I'm trying to make it as modular
as possible; thus the plugins and components. The problem I'm trying to
solve is this: The application uses LOAD to embed some html generated by
the plugin in the page. A link in the LOADed html will start some analyses
and will be replaced by an image of a loading gif while waiting for the
analyses to complete and the html to be returned.

I've been trying to return javascript with the html from the plugin that
activates when the link is clicked without any success. I don't even know
if the javascript will be applied to the link in the html that it is
returned with. I've tried a few approaches:
1. Script elements seem to disappear if placed inside the view/controller.
2. response.files.append(...) doesn't add a js script to the outer page's
files.
3. _onclick="..." in the A helper gets overwritted by the web2py_component
function that allows the plugin html and responses to be loaded inside the
page
I've done a day's digging, but turned up nothing.
4. I've also tried setting response.js in the component controller, but I'm
having trouble debugging this because nothing turns up in FireBug.

Does someone have any ideas? It doesn't need to deal directly with
javascript, but it does need to be a component plugin.

Cheers,
Liam